Summer Scrapping Idol Final challenge

We've finished the Summer Scrapping Idol challenge last April 6 and the winners were announced for the weeks/challenges. I got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds!!! Bessie Del Rosario won on the 4th round. Meaning, I am the over-all Summer Scrapping Idol winner! Woot!! Thanks so much for all the votes! I am so ecstatic, I've really put my heart in all my entries/ layouts in this challenge (as I always do in any projects I create).

This is my layout for the 4th and last challenge. Theme is Summer Past, so we had to dig in those old photos of ourselves. Unfortunately, I don't have any old photos of me anymore, remember Ondoy? So, anyways, I started the year I came here. Then, we have to think of at least on technique we seldom or haven't/afraid to use in our layouts. I've thought hard and settled with stitching. I love the look of stitches in layouts (or any project). But since I don't have a sewing machine, it means hand-sewing stuff.. manual sewing. It takes hours, I know coz I've done it before. Very time-consuming. So that's one. Then I also wanted to incorporate a different style than I usually have in my layouts. I am not a clean and simple type of scrapbooker. Hmmmm well, that's what I had in mind at first but, I couldn't help it :D


It's simpler than most of my layouts, right? Clean... not really.. lol! :D
Oh and another thing in the rules for the 4th challenge, is to use scraps. Literally the strips of paper were from an Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad in my scraps bin. As well as the other thin strips you see in my layout. The background paper, not really scrap but super old (in scrapbook years) Prima paper. And a Daisy D's rubon! :) What else... Oh! Making Memories tiny alphas!!! Talk about using up your stash :) (that's an idea! :D :D :D)

and here are the layouts I entered in the challenge...

First round (traditional layout, mostly Webster's pages stuff)

Second round (all digital layout, from various designers I CT for) based on a Valerie Salmon sketch
Third round (all digital, Hello Spring by Mari Koegelenberg and Melissa Bennett) based on a Leah Fung sketch

Again, thanks so much to those who took the time "LIKING" my layouts!
God bless you all! :)



Happy crafting,
Donna

Comments

Popular Posts