Saturday, January 18, 2014

Altering stuff

It's Product Spotlight at Pretty Paper Studio. Check out everything in this POST.

One of my projects is this cardboard, altered to a mini-album of sorts. It's my "CRAFTY resolutions" for 2014 mini-album.
 
I prepped the cardboard with gesso first, then added colors using my fave coloring medium to date: watercolors :D (because it's cheaper and I don't have that many acrylic paints.. YET lol!). I adhered the Blue Fern Studios chipboard with gesso and after I finished with the watercolors, I brushed Mod Podge all over the cardboards. The watercolor kind streaked but I liked how it turned out.
I wasn't able to take photos of all the steps but it was just basically thinking which element to put where :D
I printed the big letters of my title "CRAFTY" as well as the word "create" and then fuzzy cut using a craft knife. I chose bold letters for the word "CRAFTY" so it will be easy to cut by hand. The mid part of the letters in patterned papers is adhered on the mid part of the original cut out letter. I just folded the letters on top so it was kind of popping up.
The chose a cursive font for the word "create". It was big enough so I didn't tear it apart :) I used both scissors and craft knife to cut it.
More close up images of the altered mini-album
I love how the transparency turned out as a flower! It was kind of difficult to fold but it was worth it.
The front of the mini-album in whole.
I also created an altered small canvas with a quote I really love. I think this will be my words of wisdom for this year :)
I adhered the Blue Fern chipboards first, then brushed with gesso and a bit of Mod Podge to really hold each piece in place. I used typical gauze (as I don't have cheese cloth available), sprayed some glimmers mists and when dried I twisted into a ribbon and adhered to different parts of the canvas. I kept in mind where I wanted my card with quote placed. Instead of throwing away the Blue Fern packaging, I used it as base of the layers of the printed digital black board element in the middle. I chose different fonts, mixed and match them to my liking. I think I need more practice with that kind of stuff lol! :D I didn't want to print another one so I just used what I already had. I inked the edges with Stazon and distress inks.
After adhering the layers in the middle, I added flowers, vines, twine, ribbons, chipboard and rhinestones. The stamped images at the edge of the canvas was an afterthought. It was still "clean" my mind said. I was satisfied when I finished stamping over some chipboards too lol! :D
Sorry for the image overload! :) I hope you'll drop by again, I'll be sharing more stuff in the coming days. Thank you!

Complete list of both projects can be found in this POST.
Black board element downloaded from the net. 

Happy crafting,

Pin It!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails