Thanks 2013, Hello 2014

Sometimes, I still refer to this year as 2013. I'm sure it has happened to many of you in certain times :)
It baffles me when it's almost the weekend.

Like this week, I just realized half of the month has come and gone.
In two weeks, it's already February. The "love" month.. but most of all, MY birthday month.. Yey! :D

WOW...

How do I feel? THANKFUL. So very thankful to God for everything that he has given me and my family. Good and bad. The events, the things, the feelings, the people.

I feel overwhelmed... a bit daunting that in just a few years I'd be turning 40 already. I feel like I wanna do a lot more. I feel like time is going too fast... I still want to do more stuff...I still want to have more of what I believe is important in any person's life.

MEMORIES...

I want to have a kid and it should happen NOW. Now before I turn 40. If only it's possible to have it in my own hands, but I still believe that if it's God's will, it will happen.

NEW YEAR.. New beginnings... new hope...

I want to share with you a page I've created for Pretty Paper Studio, for this month's challenge which is about "New beginnings, new hope".
I had fun creating the background for my page. I started at the edge of the white cardstock. Using a Dylusions template, Studio Calico mask, and a palette knife I spread my homemade texture paste at the edge and some across the cardstock (but not the whole page).
I added shimmery watercolor when the texture paste dried (I used a heat tool to make drying time faster). I mixed bronze, gold, teal and pink colors over the page.

I mixed different chipboards from Blue Fern Studios, Crate paper, flowers from Prima, stickers, pearl accents, metal foliage by Tim Holtz, tags and other whatnots.
I have a hidden journaling tag under the doily/one of the pictures
I attached a smaller tag to my bigger journal tag where I wrote what I hope for the new year, for 2014.
I hope you liked my page for today! :)
Thank you to those who visit my page. I really hope you get inspired by what I create and share here with you.

READ MORE about my page and for full supplies list of my layout and the details of the Pretty Paper Studio challenge: "New beginnings, New hope"

Happy crafting,

Comments

Popular Posts