Supreme Scrap Tournament 2014

I joined the Supreme Scrap Tournament, lots of participants from all over the world! There are challenge for scrapbook layouts, cards and ATCs. I only joined in the scrapbooking challenge though.

The first challenge is called "1000 steps from home"

I took a lot of photos for this particular challenge. I didn't know first which "idea" should I use - show the neighborhood - which I don't even know the street names lol! OR show the nearest park where we always go to for some relaxation? I chose the latter because I think I can show lots of beautiful things in the park, and since we don't have too many beautiful houses nearby, I think showing how this park looks like is the best choice.

First part of the double-page is this one. I used lots of my older scrapbook stash in this layout. It's one of my crafty goals this year, use up old scrapbook stash and scraps.
Second page is basically the same in terms of how I placed my papers and embellishments. I popped up the photos in corrugated boards instead of the usual double-sided foam tape. I have too many boards stashed around so why not use them up :) I cut strips of paper for my journaling which has to at least 50 words.
 For the background, I adhered the gauze with gesso and let it dry before brushing my favorite shiny watercolors. I used a combination of gold, green and pink. I just brushed around the edges of both pages.
I mixed older and some newer stuff (well, at least new in my stash lol) as you can see. I'm loving these silver and gold accents lately and I love that I can find gold doily and silver threads here in the bookstores and in the grocery stores hehe
The gold doilies were actually scraps from a previous page I did. I only cut out the middle portion so I saved the rest and used them up here.
I inked the edges of all the photos, since they're so colorful and clash with the papers and embellishments. I used distress inks and black Stazon ink to make it pop. I "think" it popped, right? lol! :D
 and here is the two pages together... mixed old Prima and Making memories flowers, Webster's pages, Crate paper, and Pink Paislee patterned papers here. And oh I have tons of that super small alphas from Making Memories that I keep on forgetting to use! lol! You're going to see more of that in my future pages/projects for sure. The black corrugated alphas were Thickers from an Amy Tangerine-American Crafts line. The white paper for the base is actually a big Canson sheet which I bought in the bookstore and cut into several 12x12s. I don't have too many cardstocks in my stash :D

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will make it to round 2 of the contest, voting starts at 21:00 Feb 8 (CET) - if I'm not mistaken. The girls in the competition will be voting for the layouts who qualified for challenge 1. If I don't make it, I'm still happy coz this challenge really got me into thinking about 2 things: 1.) How to show tell a story in just a few photos 2.) Appreciate where people live by "really" looking into the photos in their layouts. The entries will really show you not just the beautiful pages these ladies could do but their beautiful HOMES as well, they shared more than just a couple of pages and more than just some photos, they shared their lives and they showed us where they live in different parts of the world. Simply amazing...


Happy crafting,
Donna

Comments

Popular Posts