Sisters at heart

Whew! Finally done with my entry for challenge 4 of Supreme Scrap Tournament - Scrap Diva category...
Here are rules of challenge 4:
Layout: 
double page layout 
Size layout:
2 pages of 30,4 x 30,4 cm (12 x 12 inch) 
Photos:
- eight or more 
- no duplicate photos 
Theme:
free
Colour:
free
You must make:
-  Make hidden elements on your pages. Minimum of three
-  The hidden part of the elements should not be visible at first sight! It needs opening before we can see the hidden inside. 
-  Size of the elements is free
-  Place of the elements on the pages is free
-  Type of the elements is free. The three hidden elements may be of the same type. But you can use 2, 3 or more different elements. Your choice.
-  Think of flaps that can open, elements that can turn, secret elements that you have to pull out of their hiding place. 
-  It is ok if a pulling mechanism is visible. Such as a piece of paper, a fiber or ribbon, a brad used for turning a wheel.
Not to be used: 
- All kinds of ink (including spray ink and misting ink) 
- No paint of any sort  
- No stamps 
- No gesso
- No chalk 
Materials, embellishments:
Free

NO paint or any ink!!! OMGoodness.... I have to admit, it was painful and difficult stopping and always reminding myself "Nope, that can't be used..nope that is not allowed.." Made me realize how much I depended on these art mediums lately. To think that I thought I would never learn how to use them! Ha! :) I realized that once an idea clicked, you know what you wanna do.. it's really like a breeze while in the creative process. I did a lot of fuzzy cutting in this one that's what took the time for me. Another challenge is how to make the flaps stay flat without opening. 

But, a challenge is a challenge. And this one is really a good one. Without further ado, check out my take on this challenge....

First page....
 Second page...
The whole page....
First hidden element... 
Tied with paper twine, I ribboned this around the first photo and if you will untie it, it will reveal more photos inside.

 I kept the embellishments flat and simple so it won't be too bulky....
Second hidden element is in the second photo. I punched holes on the photo and on the layout itself to anchor the paper twine. 
 The other part of this flap...
 The third hidden element is on the third photo, second page...
I arranged several fuzzy cut flowers and butterflies adhered on the lower corner of the photo and served as flap.
 This is what you'll see underneath... another folded paper with more....
 Pictures! :)
Fourth hidden element is this folded piece of paper tucked under the hidden folded paper... really neat, I liked this idea a lot :)
 What it looks like when you pull it out and open...
More pictures! :) I made it like a strip of photo from a photobooth... as you will notice, this part the second page, is about all the silliness the three of us did while we're still together. It was really nostalgic for me and was kind of sad while looking at our pictures. Mara have gone home to the Philippines already. It's only me and Aica at the moment in the same house. It's still happy and we still have silly moments but it's quite different when you're complete. Just like a family.... we're practically family... (it's not just about the happy moments, it's everything.. even the saddest, the ugliest moments have come and gone in our friendship. That's what made us really bond and became sisters at heart).
The last hidden element is this portion (underneath the big photo itself), where I wrote my journaling...
I hope you liked my double page entry! I loved creating this! Again, goodluck to all participants. You're all amazing crafters!

Happy crafting!


*All scrapbook supplies from Pretty Paper Studio

Comments

Popular Posts