Altered heart box

Lovely day folks... tomorrow is Valentine's day... do you celebrate? I keep on hinting the hubs what I'd love.. I wonder if he will remember everything or even just one thing I told him lol!

Today, I'll share this beautiful (if I may say so) altered/mixed media heart box I created for Graphic 45
I used the February papers in the Time to flourish collection

Love layering and clustering flowers and die cuts

Would you believe I used scraps of papers here? Well except the cover, I traced the heart to a 6x6 sheet of paper. 



I cut up the scraps of paper to squares, rectangles... I distressed the edges of each piece before adhering to the box. I used Mod Podge.

I dry brushed some liquid acrylic and gesso on the flowers, die cuts and bias seam binding

Hope you liked my project today! Thanks for dropping by and see you soon! List of supplies in the G45 blog. 
Special thanks to my friend Janine Smith for the wonderful littleflowers and seam binding, got them from a swap with her.

Happy crafting,
Donna

Comments

Popular Posts