December planning

Hi everyone!
I'm kind of scared but so proud and excited about this post. You see, it's my first time to really focus decorating my planner which I got months ago (last May, if I remember correctly.) I got my Webster's Pages Teal and white stripes in the Clique Kits store.

This is how it looked like before I gave in to the planner decorating craze. I didn't do anything at all except tie that cutie tassel my friend gave as freebie to previous purchase in her store (in Manila). Then I tried some DIY paper clips...which was an epic fail lol! :D 


So anyways, this time, I got bolder and braver (just a tad bit) because I like to try this digital planner stuff from Mari Koegelenberg and Mommyish
SO cute, right???

So anyways, I contemplated doing my planner while I was creating this digital scrapbook page using the kit.. 
my cousin's children are so adorable!

So, going back to the planner...
It took me a while to finish it because I was still figuring out how to print back to back pages. After a lot of wasted paper, I let it go and settled to what I was able to make lol
I started with the paper clips. When I got the hang of it, I had total fun creating these cuties! I followed this tutorial for my paper clips. Instead of hot glue gun, I used UHU All purpose adhesive though. It's also my adhesive for other projects so it's tried and tested. (I think I will try the magnetic bookmark next time :D)

 I made one of the journal spots as a pocket to store the stickers. I used a 1-inch puncher for the circles, the rest... I hand-cut them all. I have a Cameo but I am soooo lazy to pull it out under my table lol! :D A nice pair of fine-tipped scissors work best! I also added dimensional glaze on one of the clips. It smeared the ink which isn't supposed to happen, I don't know why it did. Good thing I only did it to one of the clips.


I took my sweet time to cut these stickers. With the help of a craft knife, I slightly run it through the edges of the printed images so I can easily peel them off when I need to use them. It's so cool.. and time-consuming hahaha again, use your cameo if you have one :D

This is how the rest looks like (see the "Holly Jolly" image? Yep.. fussy cut as well hahaha)


I mainly use my planner for design team stuff.


As I decorate the pages, I noticed that I like to keep the design to a minimum. The pages already has some prints on them so I just added some stickers here and there. I think I'd keep it that way, until I have hoarded more planner stuff lmao! At the moment, I don't have any except the planner itself and some stuff hidden somewhere in the boxes under my table lol!

I hope with this planner, I'd be able to manage my time effectively, REALLY manage lol... If not, at least I only have ONE place to write them all down- both schedules and ideas. I am thinking of going back to work so this will be a great help for sure.

Here is a list of the stuff I used for those of you who'd like to know:
Webster's Pages Teal and white stripes
Canon colored inkject printer (MP490)
Kodak premium matte photo paper A4 120GSM
Roco photo matte paper A4 170GSM (I am not sure if this is local or what.. I am in Saudi Arabia)
UHU all purpose adhesive
Crop-a-dile
Silver clips (big and small sized)
White cardstock
EK success Cutter-bee scissors
Sakura Calligraphy pen (1.0)

Here's to more planning stuff in the future! :D

Happy crafting,
Donna

Comments

Popular Posts