My Princess- all white double-pager

My second double-pager for Supreme Scrap Tournament. 

We were to create a monochromatic layout with one black and white photo overlapping one page to another. I don't have much supplies so I opted for the all white approach. It's easier to paint everything with gesso and white acrylic paint done painting with color. I used gauze and tissue paper before I placed all my photos. I scattered white shiny little pearls in various places, painted the gold brad in the center of my hand-made flowers with gesso and then added stickles for shine and glimmer. I also did the same with the Thickers, originally glittery silver. The twine was actually cream so again, I painted with gesso. The flowers underneath the photos were off-white but I opted to paint with gesso as well.
I opted to convert all the photos I used into black & white and kind of placed them in the middle, making sure I didn't cut the eyes (I think that's gonna be a bit weird). I did the mistake of dropping some Mod Podge over some of the photos, so I decided to paint them all with Mod Podge instead. But I forgot that the brush I was using has gesso, so, the whitish-blur.
Some detailed shots...

The whole page
Wish me luck on round 3, coz I got in!!! It's really nerve-wracking because I am competing with really awesome AWESOME ladies in the tournament! I'm honored to be still in the next round.

Supplies used:
Canson paper
Blue Fern Studios chipboard
Kaiser craft flowers
Prima flowers
Stickles
American Crafts Thickers alphas
The Crafter's Workshop stencil
White thread
pearl buttons, pearls
twine
gauze
tissue paper
gesso
homemade textured paste
Mod Podge
white acrylic paint and watercolor

Happy crafting,

Comments

Popular Posts