Pretty Paper Studio: 30 Days of Creativity - Day 1 | Collection

Hello!
This month of August, Pretty Paper Studio will do a "30 Days of Creativity" once again. A prompt is given everyday and it's up to you how to interpret that word "creatively". Check out Pretty Paper Studio's INSTAGRAM account for the Design Team's take on the daily prompts.


This is my take for Day 1 | Collection:


I used a project kit from the "Take Me Away" collection by Pink Paislee.
The layout design is not my original idea. I saw how this kit was used and that's where I got the inspiration to use multiple, itty bitty photos. I have several random unused photos of my daughter and I thought this layout design is perfect for those.

First, I traced the shape of the letters with a wider opening than the others on post-it notes.


Place the photo where you want it and cover it with the post-it note.
I left a bit of space around when I cut the photos
Then back the other words with patterned papers (from the Take Me Away 12x12 paper pad collection) and acetate cards (also included in the kit). Notice I left the post-it notes on the photos. This is because I will use some watercolors later on and the post-it notes will protect them from unwanted splatters.

I used all the embellishments in the kit as well as some Dear Lizzy buttons to decorate my page

To spread the watercolor, use a piece of plastic to do so. The effect is awesome. Then flicker some for a nice splatter effect. 

Here are more close up shots of my layout
Use the foam dots (also in the kit) to add a bit of height to some of the embellishments


I love the addition of these colorful buttons


That's all from me today!


Thanks for dropping by!

Happy crafting,
Donna

Comments

Popular Posts